When should I order my save the dates?
When the venue is chosen and you have secured your date you can begin the process of ordering the save the dates. Usually they are mailed between 6~12 months prior to the wedding. If you are having a destination wedding you definitely want to send invitations closer to a year prior to give guests adequate time to make arrangements to attend. Include your names, date, city and wedding website and password if needed. Specific venue information is not needed at this point.
It is okay to skip the save the date or send it via e-mail if you're tight on time or budget.
When should I order my custom wedding invitations?
You should start the process of invitation shopping and purchasing as early as 7 months prior to the date you plan to mail your invitations. Fortunately I work quickly so if you have let time slip by and didn't order your invitations I can still create your custom invitations but it will have to be 1 month prior to mailing date for a complex invitation ensemble and 2 weeks for a simple ensemble,
When should I mail my invitations?
Invitations should be mailed 8~10 weeks before your wedding date, for a local wedding. Mail them 10~12 weeks before, for a destination wedding.
Must-have details include your names; the date, time and addresses for the ceremony and reception
How much do custom invitations cost?
Prices vary depending on invitation style, quantity of invitations and the number of insert cards.
When should my RSVP date be?
Your RSVP cards should be returned to you anywhere from 2~4 weeks before your wedding. Your venue will give you a deadline for when you need to provide them with a final headcount, and you will also need time to track down guests who haven’t responded. Time is also needed to determine table seating.
RSVPs can be sent via a printed card or electronically. If you choose to use a printed reply card, include it with a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the invitation. If you ask guests to RSVP electronically via a website or e-mail, provide the site/e-mail address on the invitation or on an information card. If you plan to offer entrée choices at the reception, ask your guests to choose an entrée or to list any dietary restrictions when they reply.
What are optional wedding invitation insert cards?
RECEPTION CARD is a card with the date, place and time of the reception, sent if the party will be at a different venue from the ceremony.
DIRECTIONS / INFO CARD
- Include the date, location, address and time of the reception
- These are not usually used in the U.K., where reception details, even if in a different venue to the ceremony, would appear on the main invitation.
is a card that offers directions as well as travel and accommodations information.
- Include the addresses for ceremony and reception venues, directions to these venues and any pertinent accommodations and transportation details. You can also include a map that marks nearby hotels, the ceremony and reception venues and any other event locations.
- Include a schedule of events if you are having a welcome dinner, send-off brunch, or other weekend activities
- You can also include information about attire, childcare and/or whether children are invited, and guest registry
is optional, but it's smart to include one for destination weddings or if you're expecting lots of out-of-town guests.
- It's enclosed with save the date cards to assist your guests with booking travel and lodging.
- Include a list of hotels near the ceremony and reception sites, airfare or other transportation information and maps of the area.
- If you're limiting invitation costs, include this information on your wedding website and direct guests there on the save the date.
Can you design other pieces for my wedding?
Positively! I can create all wedding stationary! Endless ceremony program styles are available. For your reception I can create seating charts, place cards, table numbers, menus, favor tags, etc.
I do not see a design on this site that fits my needs/ taste. Do you offer other designs?
Yes! Everything is custom designed for you. This website simply shows examples of my work, but you are not limited to these designs. I love creating new designs and ensuring that the final product is something special and unique for each couple.